Shrimp Fritters




Growing up in New York City, this dish is one of my custom creations. It began one day when I was hungry for an omelet and a sandwich. I couldn't have both and I couldn't make up my mind, so I merged the two into an interesting type of egg hash. As I got older the recipe matured into these happy little morsels of heaven.

Mix together in a bowl:
1 cup of chopped chunks of shrimp (lightly cooked, peeled, and deveined)
2 extra large eggs
1 cup of seasoned stuffing mix
1 cup of sautéed mixed vegetables in a pinch of salt and pepper (It can be any kind of vegetables. In this video I use onions, celery, and carrots.)
1 cup of diced cheddar and mozzarella cheese
¼ cup of finely chopped raw spinach

Allow your mixture to sit for 20 minutes so that the breadcrumbs can absorb the moisture from the mixture. Get a frying pan hot with oil. I use extra virgin olive oil. I like to season the pan with a teaspoon of salt or any kind of seasoning salt mixture. I like to keep the mixture fresh by stirring it just before spooning a dollop on to my hot pan. I usually use two spoonfuls of the mixture. Wait until the edges get firm and brown, then you will know that it is time to flip your croquettes. Once they are done, place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.

Have fun making this heavenly dish!